2nd International Conference on Genetics of Aging and Longevity
Dates: Apr 22 – 25, 2012
Location: Moscow, Russia
II International Conference “Genetics of aging and longevity” will be held in the Russian Academy of Sciences in Moscow on April 22-25, 2012. This conference is of great importance for the national biology and medicine and a unique event in the whole scientific world.
The Conference organizers are:
- Russian Academy of Sciences
- Bekhtereva Institute of the Human Brain of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Institute of Biology Komi Scientific Center Ural Branch of RAS
- Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology Gerontntological Society of the Russian Academy of Sciences Association of Gerontology and Geriatrics (European Region)
- Science for Life Extension Foundation
More than 250 gerontologists and geneticists will gather to discuss current problems of genetics, life expectancy, and aging mechanisms. Among these scientists will be young researchers and leading specialists from Russia, the CIS and non-CIS countries.
The Conference goal is to identify the most promising areas of genetics, life expectancy, and aging, including:
- search of longevity genes;
- search of pharmacological agents for slowing down aging;
- identification of biological age markers;
- identification of the mechanisms of environmental influence on the aging rate.
The Conference organizers believe that the issues discussed during the Conference and proposed solutions will make a significant contribution to the development of fundamental science not only in Russia, but also in the whole world.