3rd World Humanities Forum
Dates: October 30 – Nov 1, 2014
Location: Daejeon City, Korea
The 3rdWorld Humanities Forum, “Humanities in the Era of Transformative Science and Technology,” co-hosted by the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Korea, UNESCO(United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization), and Daejeon Metropolitan City, will be held at the Daejeon Convention Center from Thursday, October 30 to Saturday, November 1, 2014.
It consists of three components: Keynote Lectures, Plenary Speeches, and Parallel Sessions.
Topics of Parallel Sessions:
- (Parallel Session I-1) Human Life in Cyber Society
- (Parallel Session I-2) “Post-Human” Mind and Body
- (Parallel Session I-3) Biologism and Humanism
- (Parallel Session II-1) The Humanities in the Era of Scientific/Technological Revolution
- (Parallel Session II-2) Revisiting Humanistic Critique of Science and Technology
- (Parallel Session II-3) Future-Oriented Interaction between Science and the Humanities