5th International Conference on Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction (ACII 2013)
Dates: September 2 – 5, 2013
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
The fifth biannual Humaine Association Conference on Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction (ACII 2013) will be held in Geneva, Switzerland on September 2-5, 2013, and is organized in cooperation with the AAAI and Technically Co-Sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society. Proceedings will be published by IEEE Computer Society and will be indexed in IEEEXplore.
The Conference series on Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction is the premier international forum for research on affective and multimodal human-machine interaction and systems.
This ACII edition will emphasize the humanistic side of affective computing by promoting publications at the cross-road between engineering and human sciences (including biological, social and cultural aspects of human life).
The ACII conference will be organized by the Computer Vision and Multimedia Laboratory and the Swiss Center for Affective Sciences from the University of Geneva. Geneva has one of Europe’s most beautiful sceneries, situated between a lake and mountains and is a highly international city where English speaking is common. It has been a cultural center for many centuries and home to many creative spirits in the fields of science and art.
The conference will address, but is not limited to, the following topics:
• Computational and psychological models of emotion;
• Affect in arts entertainment and multimedia;
• Bodily manifestations of affect (facial expressions, posture, behavior, physiology);
• Databases for emotion processing: development and issues;
• Affective interfaces and applications (games, learning, dialogue systems…);
• Ecological and continuous emotion assessment;
• Affect in social interactions.