Being Human 2012
Dates: Mar 24, 2012
Location: San Francisco, California
Pioneers in the exploration of human nature will come together for the first-ever multidisciplinary event to explore exciting new discoveries that challenge outdated assumptions about the human condition. “Being Human 2012″ will be hosted on March 24, 2012 at the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco.
“Everyday, fresh insights from science and philosophy shed new light on the processes of human experience – the how of feeling, thinking, and believing – and invite us to redefine who we are as human beings,” said Peter Baumann of The Baumann Foundation and creator of the Being Human initiative. “We are delighted to bring these new understandings into the public arena. Our intention is to serve as a bridge between the theoretical and the practical, and to foster increased well-being.”
Big questions to be explored include:
- How does the nonconscious mind influence the decisions we make?
- What is the relationship between self and culture?
- Are you who you think you are, or is that just an illusion?
- What does science tell us about our relationship with fellow humans?
- What are the evolutionary origins of the human mind?
Being Human 2012 is for anyone curious about how and why they experience life the way they do, and interested in expanding their orientation towards self, others and the world.