FutureMed Special Event February 9, 2013
Dates: February 9, 2013
Location: Santa Clara, California
FutureMed: Exploring the Future of Health, Technology & Medicine
FutureMed is helping catalyze a better future for health, wellness, as well as diagnostics, and medical therapy by bringing together thought leaders, innovators and fast moving convergent technologies, ranging from Artificial Intelligence, Mobile Health, Regenerative Medicine, to ‘Omics’ and 3D printing.
While the primary FutureMed program held at NASA Research Park (Feb 4–9th) is sold out and limited to less than 100 participants and dozens of world-class faculty, FutureMed is throwing a larger event at the Computer History Museum to bring together the San Francisco Bay Area’s rich community of clinicians, inventors, innovators, investors, healthcare executives and entrepreneurs from across the healthcare ecosystem.
- Hands on Demo’s of new and emerging technologies (ranging from EksoBionics wearable robotics enabling the paralyzed to walk, to hands on with Intuitive Surgical’s DaVinci robotic surgery system).
- Exposure to new startups across biomedicine & healthcare incubators such as Rock Health
- Interactive workshops led by FutureMed faculty , including sessions on the future of Oncology, Pain Management, Robotics & Artificial Intelligence, and a Participant Driven session
- BioMedTech investors pitch sessions for startups to leading healthcare investors
- Mixer dinner at the CHM, combined with technology demos and networking
- Featured evening session (7:30–9:30) in the main auditorium , with TEDlike short talks on game changing new technologies impacting healthcare
- After party with entertainment, more open bar, mixing and demos
1:45pm: Check in for Full Day Participants
2:00pm – 3:30pm: Breakout Session #1 (3 choices) & Investor Pitches
3:30pm – 4:30pm: Demos & Networking
4:30pm – 6:00pm: Breakout Session #2 (3 choices) & Investor Pitches
6:00pm: Check in for Evening Only Event Participants
6:00pm – 7:30pm: Buffet Dinner, Demos and Networking
7:30pm – 9:30pm: TED Like presentations in the main auditorium on new technologies in health & medicine, VIP Table Seating available
9:30pm – 11:30pm: After-party with Dessert, Demos, Music & Networking
Featured Evening Speakers include a dive into Neuroscience and the Future of our Brains:
- Brain Computer Interface and Enabling the Disabled – Leigh Hochberg MD PhD (Lead neurologist on the Braingate technology out of Brown University, & Mass General Hospital & recently featured on 60 Minutes): Learn how quadriplegics can now control cursors, wheelchairs, and even robotic limbs by thought alone.
- Technology & Your Brain: Award winning film maker Tiffany Shlain (& founder of the Webby Awards) explores the connection between the developing human brain of a child and the emerging global brain of the Internet and will help us think about the best ways to nurture and strengthen both.
- Thought Controlled Computing: Low Cost Brain Computer Interface (BCI) Headesets coming to a forehead near you. See and try out the latest consumer BCI headset and learn how they can be applied from use in mindfulness, to treating ADD and beyond…