Grow a new eye
July 11, 2011 by Amara D. Angelica
“I am attempting to recreate my eye with the help of a miniature camera implant in my prosthetic artificial eye. The intraocular installation of an eye-cam will substitute for the field of vision of my left eye that I lost in 2005 from a car accident.”
So says Tanya Marie Vlach, who lost her left eye in a car accident. After she received “hundreds of international engineering proposals, support from my one-eyed community, and thousands of media inquiries.I’ve been plotting new strategies to tell my story, both my personal one and the one of my sci-fi alter ego, into a transmedia platform, which will include: a graphic novel, an experimental documentary, a web series, a game, and a live performance.”
- SD at least, 720p HD at best
- MPEG-4 / H.264 Recording
- Built in Wireless Transmitter
- Bluetooth Wireless Method
- Remote Trigger
- Mini A/V out
- Firewire / USB / Mini HDMI
- Optical 3X
- Inductors: (Power Source)
- Sensors that respond to blinking enabling camera to take still photos, zoom, focus, and turn on and off.
- Dilating pupil with change of light.
- Infrared / Ultraviolet
- Facial Recognition
- Water Tight
Sounds like a great project. Thanks to Ehren Wells for the tip!