July 11, 2009
JOHN BROCKMAN is president of Edge Foundation, Inc., publisher and editor of Edge, a website presenting the third culture in action and the founder, and CEO of Brockman, Inc., an international literary and software agency.
He is also an agent for and a founder of "The Reality Club," a group that has been instrumental in bringing the ideas of maverick thinkers into public consciousness.
A well-known computer and Internet entrepreneur and visionary, he is frequently featured in the media. Included in his works as author and/or editor are By the Late John Brockman, The Third Culture, Digerarti: Encounters with the Cyber Elite, editor of The Greatest Inventions in the Past Two Thousand Years, and The Next Fifty Years: Science in the First Half of the Twenty-First Century.
Photo of John Brockman © Tobias Everke
- See selected books by this author:
- Is the Internet Changing the Way You Think?: The Net's Impact on Our Minds and Future
- This Explains Everything: Deep, Beautiful, and Elegant Theories of How the World Works
- This Idea Must Die: Scientific Theories That Are Blocking Progress (Edge Question Series)
- This Will Make You Smarter: New Scientific Concepts to Improve Your Thinking