New book by Peter Diamandis and Steven Kotler, Abundance, debuts #1 on Amazon and Barnes & Noble
February 22, 2012
A special message from author Peter Diamandis:
- “A brilliant, must-read book. A powerful antidote to today’s malaise and pessimism.” — Ray Kurzweil
- “Abundance provides proof that the proper combination of technology, people and capital can meet any grand challenge.” — Sir Richard Branson
- “This is a vital book. Diamandis and Kotler give us a blinding glimpse of the innovations that are coming our way” — Matt Ridley
- “Abundance redirects the conversation — it’s a reminder of the infinite possibilities for doing good.” — Arianna Huffington
- “This is an audacious and powerful read!” — Jeff Skoll
- “Diamandis and Kotler do a masterful job. Abundance is essential reading for anyone looking for a better tomorrow.” — Elon Musk
Thank you again!
— Peter Diamandis
We will soon be able to meet and exceed the basic needs of every man, woman and child on the planet. Abundance for all is within our grasp.
This bold, contrarian view, backed up by exhaustive research, introduces our near-term future, where exponentially growing technologies and three other powerful forces are conspiring to better the lives of billions. An antidote to pessimism by tech entrepreneur turned philanthropist, Peter H. Diamandis and award-winning science writer Steven Kotler.
Since the dawn of humanity, a privileged few have lived in stark contrast to the hardscrabble majority. Conventional wisdom says this gap cannot be closed. But it is closing — fast. The authors document how four forces — exponential technologies, the DIY innovator, the Technophilanthropist, and the Rising Billion — are conspiring to solve our biggest problems.
Abundance establishes hard targets for change and lays out a strategic roadmap for governments, industry and entrepreneurs, giving us plenty of reason for optimism.
Examining human need by category — water, food, energy, healthcare, education, freedom — Diamandis and Kotler introduce dozens of innovators making great strides in each area: Larry Page, Steven Hawking, Dean Kamen, Daniel Kahneman, Elon Musk, Bill Joy, Stewart Brand, Jeff Skoll, Ray Kurzweil, Ratan Tata, Craig Venter, among many, many others.