PDPTA 2013 — The 2013 International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Processing Techniques and Applications
Dates: Jul 22 – 25, 2013
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
PDPTA is an international conference that serves researchers, scholars, professionals, students, and academicians who are looking to both foster working relationships and gain access to the latest research results. It is being held jointly (same location and dates) with a number of other research conferences; namely, The 2013 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing (WORLDCOMP). The Congress is the largest annual gathering of researchers in computer science, computer engineering and applied computing. We anticipate to have 2,100 or more attendees from over 85 countries.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Parallel/Distributed applications: Numerical computations/methods, neural networks and fuzzy logic, medicine, remote sensing, computer vision, computer graphics and virtual reality, parallel/distributed databases, banking, financial markets, high-performance computational biology, …
- Parallel/Distributed architectures: Clusters and parallel systems of various topologies, supercomputers, shared memory, distributed memory, general- and special-purpose architectures, instructional level and thread level parallelism, petascale and exascale systems design.
- Networks and interconnection networks: Scalable networks, reconfigurable networks, routing issues, general-purpose network performance for distributed applications, network protocols, internet technology, optical interconnections and computing, novel network topologies, …
- Reliability and fault-tolerance: Software and hardware fault-tolerance (system- and application-level), fault diagnosis, fault-tolerance measurement.
- Building block processors: Applications of processors that can be used as basic building blocks for multicomputer systems.
- Real-time and embedded systems: Small-scale parallel systems for high-performance control, data acquisition, and analysis; configuration, routing, scheduling, performance guarantees, …
- Parallel and Distributed algorithms: Stability, scalability, and fault-tolerance of algorithms and data structures, scheduling, and load balancing. Algorithms exploiting clusters and general-purpose distributed and parallel systems, new vector/pipeline issues, shared memory, distributed memory, virtual memory, …
- Multimedia communications, systems, and applications: High-speed networking, multimedia architectures and protocols, multimedia applications, quality of service support, operating system and networking support, internet tools and applications, audio/video delivery over the internet, …
- Software tools and environments for parallel and distributed platforms: operating systems, compilers, languages, debuggers, monitoring tools, software engineering on parallel/distributed systems, …
- High-performance computing in computational science: intra-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary research applications.
- Big Data and Applications: Massively parallel-processing (MPP) databases, Data-mining grids, distributed file systems, distributed databases, Cloud based infrastructure, Big Data cluster analysis, Crowdsourcing, data fusion and integration, machine learning, neural networks, pattern recognition, anomaly detection, predictive modeling, simulation, time series analysis and visualisation, Search-based applications.
- Performance evaluation and management of wireless networks and distributed systems.
- FPGA, multicore, GPU, SOC and applications.
- Ultra low power data-driven systems.
- Performance analysis, evaluation, prediction, …
- Nanotechnology in HPC.
- RAID systems.
- Petri Nets: theory, analysis, tools and applications.
- Web-based simulation and computing (planetlab, …)
- Grid and Cloud computing.
- Other aspects and applications relating to HPC
- Emerging technologies