The Coeur d' Alene Press | He sees the future and it’s amazing
January 28, 2014
The Coeur d' Alene Press — January 28, 2014 | Sholeh Patrick
Kurzweil predicted when an internet would become central to daily life — back in the 1980s when few believed him. He predicted with startling accuracy when a computer could beat a world chess champion — eight years before it happened. But he also predicted the dismantling of the Soviet Union. What does Google’s genius clairvoyant say is coming? [...]
1. Immortality — backing up immune systems with nanobots in residence in our bodies, and backing up our brains to the cloud.
2. Self-driving cars.
3. Switch off fat cells — by 2020.
4. Print your own clothes— by 2020, thanks to now-existing 3D printers.
5. VR 4D — virtual reality games with images surrounding you, including their touch and smell, by 2023.
6. Vertical, robot-run, no-impact farms.
7. Solar energy.