The Economist Innovation Forum 2014
Dates: March 27, 2014
Location: Berkeley, California
The Economist’s fifth annual Innovation Forum will explore truly transformative innovations that have the potential of changing how we live and work—and ask how more companies can think bigger and solve today’s most important challenges. This conference aims to answer the ultimate questions for technologists, futurists, and C-suite executives: Are we thinking big enough and how do we get there?
What will the next ‘big’ be? That’s what investors are asking and companies are brainstorming.
Disruptive technological change seems to be a constant, but is it really changing the way companies and people operate as much as innovations in the past have? Are incremental advances delivering on the promise of value and impact? This conference will gather senior leaders in technology, media, planning, engineering and design, with Economist editors and senior correspondents, to discuss what it takes to bring your company’s innovative ideas to the next stage.
Who should attend
The Innovation Forum 2014 is designed for C-level and senior executives responsible for information, technology, strategy, and marketing, who are charged with driving innovation and new product development—across industries and sectors. Attendees will participate in a full day of stimulating, interactive discussion and debate, with a practical focus on ideation, development and execution of innovative ideas.
- Innovation inspiration
- Managing the risk of innovation
- Case studies in innovation
- Innovating responsibly
- Tackling public policy
- Government’s role
- Finding financing
Questions we’ll answer
- Is innovation big enough in America and creating the economic opportunities this country needs?
- How has the state of the global economy impacted companies’ ability to dream and act big?
- Is innovation big enough at your company to create the profits you need?
- Are we focusing on applications and software to the detriment of revolutionary new products?
Who you’ll meet
- Chief executive officers
- Chief innovation officers
- Chief technology officers
- Corporate strategists
- Vice-presidents of learning and innovation
- Venture capitalists
- Innovators and futurists
- Investment bankers
A sample of companies attending
- 500 Startups
- Bay Area Council Economic Institute
- Foundation Capital
- Genentech, Inc.
- Huge Inc.
- Innovation Center Denmark
- Inter-American Development Bank
- Lockheed Martin
- Nike, Inc
- Space Systems Loral, LLC