The Immortality Edge: Realize the Secrets of Your Telomeres for a Longer, Healthier Life
December 29, 2010
- author |
- Michael Fossel, Greta Blackburn, Dave Woynarowski
- year published |
Amazon | Based on Nobel Prize–winning genetic research — a simple plan to keep your telomeres healthy for better health and longevity
Telomeres play an important role in protecting our chromosomes from critical damage. The shortening of the telomere disrupts vital cellular function and promotes the previously seemingly inevitable onset of aging and various diseases, including cancer and Alzheimer’s. Drawing from the groundbreaking discoveries about telomeres that won the 2009 Nobel Prize in Medicine, this book includes a highly prescriptive program that shows you how to live longer by slowing telomere shortening and rejuvenating your cells through relatively simple alterations in nutrition habits and other lifestyle changes.
- Written by authors with extensive knowledge of genetics, telomeres, and longevity
- Offers a simple action plan you can start using immediately
- Includes a revolutionary new eating plan
- Recommends individualized supplement programs
- Shares a diet and exercise approach grounded in solid scientific research
The exciting recent discoveries about telomeres promise to revolutionize our approach to anti-aging much as antioxidants did ten years ago. Unlike trendy diet and fitness books with no basis in science, The Immortality Edge targets health at its innermost level by laying out a realistic, lifelong plan using easy steps that can fit into any busy schedule-steps that can improve the length and quality of your life.