Twenty top predictions for life 100 years from now
January 16, 2012 | Source: BBC News
BBC News asked readers for their predictions of life in 100 years time. Futurists Ian Pearson and Patrick Tucker comment.
- Oceans will be extensively farmed and not just for fish.
- We will have the ability to communicate through thought transmission.
- Thanks to DNA and robotic engineering, we will have created incredibly intelligent humans who are immortal.
- We will be able to control the weather.
- Antarctica will be “open for business.”
- One single worldwide currency.
- We will all be wired to computers to make our brains work faster .
- Nanorobots will flow around our body fixing cells, and will be able to record our memories.
- We will have sussed nuclear fusion.
- There will only be three languages in the world — English, Spanish and Mandarin.
- Eighty per cent of the world will have gay marriage.
- California will lead the break-up of the US.
- Space elevators will make space travel cheap and easy.
- Women will be routinely impregnated by artificial insemination rather than by a man.
- There will be museums for almost every aspect of nature, as so much of the world’s natural habitat will have been destroyed .
- Deserts will become tropical forests.
- Marriage will be replaced by an annual contract.
- Sovereign nation states will cease to exist and there will be one world government.
- War by the West will be fought totally be remote control.
- Britain will have had a revolution.