About Kurzweil Accelerating Intelligence
Launched in 2001, KurzweilAI explores the forecasts and insights on accelerating change articulated in Ray Kurzweil’s landmark books — notably The Age of Spiritual Machines and The Singularity Is Near — and updates these books with key breakthroughs in science and technology.
The “AI” in KurzweilAI refers to “accelerating intelligence,” a core concept that underlies the exponential growth of the pervasive information-based technologies — both biological and machine — that are radically changing our world. These include biotechnology, nanotechnology & materials science, molecular electronics, computation, artificial intelligence, robotics, neuroscience, physics, Internet, energy, electronics, pattern recognition, virtual reality, human brain reverse engineering, and brain and body augmentation. The leading visionaries represented on this site cover these and other topics, and examine the trends that are profoundly impacting science, economics, the arts, politics, government, warfare, medicine, health, education, disabilities, behavior, and society.
In 2010, the website was revised to meet contemporary web standards, using WordPress and extensive custom programming. Co-founders/editors Amara D. Angelica and Sarah Black architected and redesigned the website to provide usability and flexibility for future expansion and ongoing improvement. We appreciate all feedback (both positive and critical), ideas for new features and capabilities, and graphic or layout suggestions. Please send comments to email@example.com. We also welcome story ideas (send to firstname.lastname@example.org) and news tips (send to email@example.com).
Additional contact information can be found here.
- News on relevant technology and science breakthroughs via its daily and weekly KurzweilAI newsletter and via its RSS and Twitter feeds. The KurzweilAI newsletter, which began in January 2001, has published more than 14,000 news items.
- Coverage of key trends and ideas in its blog and articles, with bios of associated authors.
- Listings of relevant events, books, book reviews, videos, podcast directories, TV shows, and films.
- Full text of selected e-books.
- Participation by readers in forums and by commenting on content.
- Tracking of current and past activities of Kurzweil companies and projects.
- Ramona 4.0 is an interactive chatbot using natural language processing techniques. She holds informative and entertaining conversations with website visitors, responding to typed questions or comments with lip-synched speech and appropriate facial expressions.
- Menus that allow for browsing site content by 22 key topics.
- Faceted search, allowing multiple search options: by keywords, topics, and content types.
- Searchable/browsable archives of past content.
Lauren McGuiggan, Editorial Assistant
Business and Administrative
Ray Kurzweil, CEO
Aaron Kleiner, CFO
Denise Scutellaro, Director of Finance and Administration
Nanda Barker-Hook, Communications Manager
Ken Linde, Systems Manager
Kamil Pelka, Webmaster/Programmer
© 2010 KurzweilAINetwork, Inc.