Clinical Translation of Stem Cells
Dates: Apr 21 – 22, 2014
Location: Palm Springs, California
SELECTBIO Clinical Translation of Stem Cells 2014 brings together basic scientists, clinician-scientists, as well as medical practitioners/surgeons focusing on studying, characterizing, and deploying various classes of stem cells for therapeutic utility.
In addition to top-tier presentations during this conference, SELECTBIO has also partnered with surgeons and surgery centers in the Palm Springs area to offer conference delegates a “hands-on” Clinical Practicum providing conference delegates the ability to observe in real-time adipose tissue extraction and processing ex vivo. This “hands-on” demonstration led by leading surgeons in the field is in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations and performed by board-certified surgeons.
This conference therefore provides valuable learning and networking experiences for both basic researchers and clinicians alike seeking the most up-to-date information, protocols, and products in this emerging field.
All delegates are automatically registered to the Clinical Practicum which will be conducted in the evening after the conclusion of the conference presentations.
The following agenda items will be discussed at this conference:
- Adipose-derived Stem Cells
- Clinical Utility
- Disease Classes Addressed and Current Status of Ongoing Clinical Trials
- iPSCs: Clinical Translation Trajectory and Associated Challenges and Opportunities
- Regulatory Landscape and Ethical Considerations
- Research and Clinical Perspectives
- Cosmetic Surgery and Associated Applications
- Regenerative Medicine
- Translational Research Activities with Adult Stem Cells
- Umbilical Cord Blood-derived Stem Cells
- Veterinary Applications of Regenerative Medicine/Translation to the Clinic
This Conference and Associated Clinical Practicum is Ideally Suited for the Following Audiences:
- Basic Researchers Seeking to Drive their Innovations towards Translational/Clinical Applications
- Cosmetic Surgeons, Surgeons Seeking to Understand the Regenerative Medicine/Stem Cells Space
- Attorneys, Investors, Regulatory Agency Professionals Seeking Clarity in the Regenerative Medicine/Stem Cell Therapy Field
This Conference will include Two Panel Discussions:
Dr. John Sterling, Editor-in-Chief, Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News (GEN) will lead a panel focusing on stem cell publications and major industry trends in the broader stem cell field.
Mr. Fred Fox, Chairman, BioMed IRB will lead a panel focusing on regulatory trends and ethics issues to be addressed as stem cell research translates towards the clinic.