Last Updated on February 20, 2012
Information We Gather
The information we gather falls into two categories: 1) personal information you voluntarily supply when you set up an account to subscribe to our newsletter or to post to our Forums, or when you comment on a post, and 2) tracking information (“cookies”) collected as you navigate through our sites. We do not have access to any passwords you may use on our website, unless they are made public in posts.
Use of Information
- If you have registered online for an account, KurzweilAI will not sell, rent, swap or authorize any third party to use your e-mail address without your permission. This also applies to any information that personally identifies you, except as noted immediately below. We do, however, share information about our audience in aggregate form. For example, we may want to know how long the average reader spends on our site, or which pages or features get the most attention.
- KurzweilAI may perform aggregate statistical analyses of subscribers and their subscribing and browsing patterns for development purposes.
- We may use demographic and preference information to allow promotions or advertising on our Web site to be targeted, in aggregate, to the users for whom they are most pertinent.
- We contract with other companies to provide services on our behalf, including website server, website development, and mailing list management.
- Any information you disclose when posting to our Forums, or commenting on our posts, such as a screen name, email address, or website address, becomes public and may be used by KurzweilAI for online and offline promotional or commercial uses in any and all media.
Your Privacy Choices
- If, at any time, you prefer not to receive newsletters from us, simply follow the unsubscribe options at the bottom of each newsletter.
- To view and edit your personal information, please visit your personal My Account page.
- We employ measures designed to protect the security of your personal identifying information.
FTC COPPA Compliance
KurzweilAI does not knowingly collect or store any personal information, even in aggregate, about children under the age of 13.
How To Contact Us
For any questions or comments regarding our privacy or security practices for our Kurzweil Accelerating Intelligence newsletter or the kurzweilai.net website, you may contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.