The Greatest Science Stories Never Told: 100 tales of invention and discovery to astonish, bewilder, and stupefy
April 3, 2010
- author |
- Rick Beyer
- year published |
Amazon | Rick Beyer is a lifelong history enthusiast and an award-winning documentary producer whose work for The History Channel® includes Godspeed to Jamestown, The Wright Challenge, and the Timelab 2000 series of history minutes.
100 tales of invention and discovery:
- Meet the angry undertaker who gave us the push-button phone.
- Discover how modesty led to the invention of the stethoscope.
- Find out why Albert Einstein patented a refrigerator.
- Learn how a train full of trumpeters made science history.
- The frustrated fashion designer who created the space suit?
- The gun-toting newspaperman who invented the parking meter?
- The midnight dreams that led to a Nobel Prize?