The Internet of Things: Making it Happen in Your Business
Dates: April 22, 2014
Smart homes, connected cars, and personal healthcare devices may grab the bulk of the headlines, but every business can benefit from the Internet of Things (IoT). Whether you want to add intelligence to factories, increase the efficiency of your shipping, advertise to new demographics, or simply deliver enterprise applications to the personal devices of your employees and/or customers, the IoT should be central to your IT strategy.
The sky is the limit, but getting from here to there is no simple task. Connecting endpoints to back-ends with the necessary speed, scale, and security takes planning, focus, and a clear understanding of the end goal. This webinar will map the spectrum of IoT use cases through current examples, help businesses find their place on that spectrum, and provide guidance on scoping and implementing the IoT in their businesses.
Join Gigaom Research and our sponsor KAAZING for “The Internet of Things: Making it Happen in Your Business,” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. PT.
What Will Be Discussed:
- How will the IoT affect businesses of various sorts?
- What are the benefits to greater device connectivity?
- Which businesses and industries have made best use of the IoT so far? What traits do they share?
- What are the most common implementation challenges?
- What process and technology changes must businesses make to support IoT-based initiatives?
- Craig Foster,
freelance analyst, writer and consultant
- Rich Morrow,
founder / head geek, quicloud LLC
- Jonas Jacobi,
Co-Founder & President, Kaazing
Who Should Attend:
- CIOs and CTOs
- Application developers and architects
- IT decision-makers
- Product management professionals